Saturday

Change from My Maps to My Places

The new index map - The World rather than The Red Sea - has had an added link below it allowing departure from the Blog and opening a visitor's own My Maps (Places). [I think this  occurred as part of the change which Google just made when moving  from "Maps" to "Places"].  The visitor could  save this index map to his/her own "My Places".
Having done this the index is  sitting outside the Blog which means that the other tabs and in particular the navigation warnings are no longer available. The other question is will the visitor's own version of the Index update?   This needs a fair bit of pondering............Having pondered and experimented a little there seems an easy way of avoiding the added link and the attendant can of worms. I removed the link from the Page HTML.  And for the time being it still seems to do all I need.

No comments: